Friday, June 11, 2010

That Dang Pumpkin

I swear - no kidding - a couple of weeks ago and before the resort opened, I rode in front of that goofy looking, lopsided grinning,  sinister pumpkin and the blue boat gave a little shudder.

It was twilight - I looked over at that thing - and it was looking awfully non-chalant about everything - but then I noticed that the Pumpkin's eyes seemed to be following me.

Next time you are up here, ask your kids and see if they don't notice the same thing.

The'll be watching - so will that dang pumpkin.

At least it will give you and the better half some time to enjoy a glass of wine sitting in one of the Adirondack chairs in front of your cabin.

The kids can stare back all they want - I don't think that beast cares.

All I can do when I see it staring back at me is shudder.

Maybe I'l go over and grab a slice of pumpkin pie with a dollop of whipped cream, ride by that thing and chomp down.

We'll see who shudders then!






No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome your comments!